BETADINE® Sore Throat Gargle is a povidone-iodine antiseptic that can help treat the viral, bacterial and fungal infections of the mouth or throat. With a 30-second gargle, BETADINE® helps treat infections that can cause sore throats. More than 80% of sore throats are caused by viruses. Bacteria are the next most common type of germs that cause sore throats.
- 1% povidone-iodine gargle helps to treat infections caused by viruses and bacteria.
- Available in both Gargle and Spray formats for convenient, on-the-go use.
- Use BETADINE® Sore Throat Gargle for children 9 years and older.
- BETADINE® helps treat germs, viruses, bacteria & fungi that can cause sore throats, canker sores, oral thrush & oral Infections.
Adults and Children (9 years and older): Rinse and gargle with 10-15 mL up to four times a day. Use undiluted or dilute with one part water. Spit out after use, a small amount might be swallowed during gargling. Rinsing after use is not necessary. Rinse 2-3 minutes for mouth ulcers. May be used following oral surgery or dental procedures. Consult a healthcare professional if symptoms do not improve after 14 days, or worsen.
DO NOT SWALLOW.
- Active Ingredient: 1% Povidone Iodine
- Non-medicinal ingredients: citric acid monohydrate, eucalyptol, glycerine, iodine, menthol, poloxamer 407, polyoxypropylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium citrate dihydrate, sorbitol solution.
It’s important to treat sore throats early as they can be the first sign of upper respiratory infection. Families trust BETADINE® Sore Throat products to help treat viruses and bacteria that can lead to sore throats and oral infection. Remember to wash your hands regularly with soap, practice proper hand-and-throat hygiene, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands, and try to keep some distance from those who are ill, as germs can spread. Respond immediately to the first signs of throat discomfort.